Friday, July 29, 2011

Wishcraft - Introduction



Okay, I'm going to learn how to get what I REALLY want...

I am skeptical (but I think she accounts for that sort of attitude). Barbara, let's see what you've got...

"Winning to me means getting what you want. Not what your father and mother wanted for you, not what you think you can realistically get in this world, but what you want—your wish, your fantasy, your dream. You’re a winner when you have a life you love, so that you wake up every morning excited about the day ahead and delighted to be doing what you're doing,
even if you’re sometimes a little nervous and scared."

Oh the tangents I could start here about my childhood...

The first half of the book is about wishing, and here's the big question?

What do I want??


Seriously... Viggo Mortensen on horseback aside, what the hell do I actually want from my life. I've had a lifetime of putting off, making do and doing the right thing. Somewhere in there I lost what I wanted. Of course I could give glib answers all day (see Viggo on a horse reference) and make sure they are unattainable because then I don't have to really be disappointed when Viggo doesn't show up on horseback to sweep me away and spend our days in a beautiful studio by the ocean with a few horses, and a very quaint town just a few minutes away...

So here I go on my journey of self exploration

2 comments:

KatFox said...

Best wishes on your journey! I know you'll find wonderous things. :o)

~Kat

glasshill said...

thanks very much!